When we have the opportunity to help anyone, we should do it. -Galatians 6:10a (NCV)

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Just wanted to take a minute and thank you all for the emails and encouragement you have sent the past couple weeks.

Odessa and I are doing fine, learning our way around the big city. I always told God I would be obedient and go to Haiti but I wouldn't live in Port au Prince. Well...here we are! And He is still taking care of us just as He promised. People can and will let you down but not the Lord. What an awesome privilege of being His child.

Life is much different here but the Lord is opening doors. I am learning the public system of tap-taps while praying for the money for a vehicle the whole time! But it is a good learning experience. And I am quite the entertainment for all the other passengers.

I am currently working with a mission based out of Virginia named Angel Missions Haiti. Check out their website. I am going to help them with existing projects including getting medical visas for children needing to go the the states for surgery as well as working in a Ravine Project they have in a slum here in Port au Prince.

I am excited about the new programs we are going to be starting too. Please pray for them as we start them from point zero-that the Lord's hand will guide our decision-making.

Thanks again for the prayers and your friendships. It is such a comfort to us.

No comments: