When we have the opportunity to help anyone, we should do it. -Galatians 6:10a (NCV)

Monday, April 30, 2012

An ironic thing just happened.

I posted a picture of Job's house on Facebook and put the information for anyone wanting to donate funds to help them rebuild their house.

As soon as it posted a post from one of my high school classmates popped up of her new house they are building in the states. A very nice house at that.

So I see Job's family's shack...and then Sally Smith's 3000 square foot dreamy cape cod.

Sometimes I have to shake my head and wonder why God has allowed such a gap between the rich and poor in the world.

Don't get me wrong...I am happy for those who are blessed with material possessions and money...so please don't take this as a plea for donations or as preaching to people as to what they should and shouldn't be doing with their money. This post really isn't about that.

I am starting to think this post might land me in a heap of trouble...

I am not a bible scholar or a preacher, nor have I even been to bible college. It just doesn't make sense in my head. It doesn't make sense so I ask God, "Why?"

When I read the bible verse written specifically on the poor the answer I get is, "What are you doing about it? I blessed you with material possessions, an education, and opportunities. What are you doing with the blessings I gave you?"

Luke 3:11 (NCV)
"John answered, If you have two shirts, share with the person who does not have one. If you have food, share that also."


Proverbs 19:17 (NCV)
"Being kind to the poor is like lending to the Lord;
he will reward you for what you have done."




See previous post for information in helping Jobs family rebuild their house.

Donations can be sent to:

Licking Valley Church of Christ
1578 Dayton Rd
Newark, OH 43055
Put "Invest Hope- house project" in the memo




No comments: