When we have the opportunity to help anyone, we should do it. -Galatians 6:10a (NCV)

Friday, May 2, 2014

He walks!

Yesterday I watched my baby take his first steps! Well...his second. He took his first while I was at work and my mom was watching him...boo!


My baby who was born 10 weeks early, who spent 6 weeks in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, who would tire out after drinking 1/3 ounce of milk for weeks and weeks...


WALKED before his first birthday. This is a big deal to us.

Our insurance didn't cover outpatient therapy for him once he was discharged from the hospital. The hospital doctors and his Pediatrician tried to get me to pay for it out of pocket because they said he would be so behind developmentally if he didn't receive therapy.

This put a lot if worry into mine and David's minds. 

So I prayed for him everyday and I worked with him. His dad worked with him. And his sister rough housed with him daily to toughen him up!

And God answered.

It's hard for me to imagine how He loves my son more than I do, but I know He does. 


 Be joyful because you have hope. Be patient when trouble comes, and pray at all times.
Romans 12:12 (NCV) 


Thank you for all your prayers and oohs and ahh's over our little man. It's not easy living in a foreign country with an infant, away from family and friends.  But you have made it a little easier with your encouragement :)

No comments: