When we have the opportunity to help anyone, we should do it. -Galatians 6:10a (NCV)

Thursday, March 1, 2012

This week has given me more trial than I have ever had in Haiti.

I do not have time right now to explain fully, but in a few sentences here goes. After a routine traffic stop on Sunday night, questions were raised about Odessa being with me. I had the legal documents saying I have rights to have her and am in the process of an adoption, nevertheless, we were held at jail (David, Odessa and I) over night and went to court Monday morning. They were going to arrest David and I for child trafficking and take Odessa from my custody.

We got a lawyer and fortunately, they did not arrest or remove Odessa. But kept most of the original documents needed for her adoption.

We have another hearing this morning. We are leaving in a half an hour and I, in my nervousness, started cleaning my room. I found my devotional book under a bunch of stuff. I have neglected it this week b/c of all the legal meetings and running around and worry. I sat down on my bed and opened it. Here is today's devotion from "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young.

When something in your life or thoughts makes you anxious, come to Me and talk about it. Bring me your prayer and petition with thanksgiving saying, "Thank you Jesus for this opportunity to trust you more." Though the lessons of trust I send to you come wrapped in difficulties, the benefits far outweigh the costs.
Well developed trust will bring you many blessings, not the least of which is My Peace. I have promised to keep you in perfect Peace to the extent that you trust in Me. The world has it backwards, teaching that peace is the result of having enough money, possessions, insurance, and security systems. My Peace, however, is such an all encompassing gift that it is independent of all circumstances. Though you lose everything else, if you gain My Peace you are rich indeed.

Philippians 4:6
"Do not worry about anything, but pray and ask God for everything you need, always giving thanks."
Isaiah 26:3
"You, Lord, give true peace to those who depend on you, because they trust you."
 
 --end of devotion
 
I know God is in control and He has this situation in His Hands. Odessa was created by Him and is His child and He knows what is best for her.  This situation surely is wrapped in difficulties but I serve the One who is all-knowing, all powerful and always good.
 
Thanks to everyone for their support and prayers and encouragement.  It really does make being here easier knowing you support me and that we are partners in this mission in Haiti. 
 
Will post an update as soon as I can,
 
Ginny 

1 comment:

Gina Webber said...

Praying with you today!