When we have the opportunity to help anyone, we should do it. -Galatians 6:10a (NCV)

Monday, October 17, 2011

10 women from 10 different places. 10 different walks of life. 10 hearts for helping others.

One in Antarctica, one in Kentucky, one in Georgia.

Two nurses who are former co-workers.

A high school classmate I haven't seen in 13 years.

Her mother whom I have never met.

A friend I met in Haiti-who was here for only a week but holds Haiti in her heart.

Another whom I have never met.

And me.

10

When I asked for help with Oscar I never guessed this specific combination of people would respond. I am the only one who knows (almost) all of them. These people are different as day and night. NEVER would this group of women all go out for dinner or coffee.

But that's what makes it so exciting! God put us all together to help Oscar. God knew when I met each of these people that He was going to make us part of a group of 10 one day to help a poor little boy in green cordouroy pants.

He used nurses, photographers, stay at home moms, high school classmates and family friends to do something in His name! And He did it in 9 hours. 9 hours after I posted the request, 9 people had volunteered! 9 hours!

Once again I get to be here for the fun part. I get to tell Oscar and his family he is going to get surgery. Witness to them how God provided for Oscar's needs. I get see him post-op (hopefully with the green pants!) and finally see Oscar pain free.

Being a missionary really is cool.

Seeing how God used 10 people to come together to do something in His name is amazing.

No comments: