When we have the opportunity to help anyone, we should do it. -Galatians 6:10a (NCV)

Friday, December 10, 2010

Movie Outreach Night

It all started a couple of weeks ago when some of the teenagers were talking to me about being bored, having nothing to do in the evenings. Most teens will say that when they really have a million things to entertain them but these teens in the village really don't.

Made me think of my old youth group back home and all the events that were planned for us to do. And that was just church. There were tons of school activities and clubs to be active in.

These teenagers don't have electricity, let alone video games. They don't have sports at school, let alone a whole football league. They don't have a computer, let alone internet access.

So I started looking for a projector to borrow and another mission graciously let us borrow it with a super nice Bose Speaker. (thanks Joy in Hope!)

Then onto getting the generator to work (I had to call my friend Chuck in the states to tell me how to fix it!). But after 2 hours this RN fixed the generator! Can you tell I am proud?

But it was all worth it. They loved "A Walk to Remember", but told me next time not to show such a sad movie. Good thing it was in French or I would have been bawling my eyes out like every other time I have watched it.

View from behind movie screen



Those who didn't get a seat


the most important piece of equipment-the generator!



Popcorn for all the kids made over open fire!

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

What a neat idea! Popcorn had to be the icing on the cake!! I enjoyed the pictures.