When we have the opportunity to help anyone, we should do it. -Galatians 6:10a (NCV)

Friday, October 8, 2010

Aren't you glad you used Dial?

So this is the 2nd time this has happened to me -gave me a laugh today.

I went to the open market in Jacmel today to buy food for the school kids. Open market is always a fun adventure. Kinda like Wal-mart-not in the fact you can find anything you would ever need at the everyday low price. But in the fact that whenever you go it is an experience :)
So I walked past this booth of nice used kids shoes and have been looking for some for some school kids whose parents can't afford. Anyways-I stopped and was looking and asking prices when the l lady vendor looks at me very seriously and tells me I smell like a "blan." Like a white person! You would think since this is the 2nd time someone has told me this I would have a whitty answer. But nope-that one stops me in my tracks everytime. Maybe I am blending in more than I think.

Glad I used Dial and man oh man do I wish everyone else here did!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Can you get a t-shrit with that last phrase on it in Creole?! Ha!

Unknown said...

You need to ask them if you smell like a white woman or a white man..... it may not be a compliment depending on how they answer.