When we have the opportunity to help anyone, we should do it. -Galatians 6:10a (NCV)

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Blog
HOT, HOT, HOT! Did I mention it’s hot? So thankful for the batteries that Haitian Christian Outreach bought for the mission house b/c when the electricity goes off around 2 in the morning and the fans quit, it is miserable to try to lay in bed the rest of the night. But the batteries provide power through the day for the refrigerator and fans and make the heat tolerable.

But no matter how hot it is, Haitian life still goes on. Women still sit in the market selling their good all day in the sweltering sun, kids still have to walk to and from school and to carry water and the men…well…I’m not sure what they do! Just kidding! I mostly work with the women and children so those are the areas I know most about.

I am excited about starting the infant program in Peredo but as I am starting it I am realizing how much work it is! (see blog letter to supports for more information) I am looking for babies now to be in the program and of course every mother is begging me to let her child in. If they are in good health and weight already I tell them they do not need the program-the things they are doing to care for them at home is working and they are doing a great job at being a mother. Instead of taking this as the compliment it is, the moms begin to deny that their children are eating well and come up with all kinds of reasons why their baby should be chosen. The good news is that mothers in this area are excited about the program. Please pray that I use my education and find resources of other programs like this to make this a successful program in the Southern part of Haiti. A successful program like this will greatly benefit this area. I am starting with a very small group to micromanage it and hopefully learn how to do it on a bigger scale.

No comments: